Students may elect to attempt graduation with honors if they have done well in both general university work and the major courses at the beginning of the senior year. Required are upper division work in a language relevant to the student's academic program (with consent of adviser) and the submission of a bachelor's thesis as a culmination of one or two semesters of the sequence, Religious Studies H195A-H195B. The thesis must be approved by both the adviser and the student's thesis director, if these are different.